“Treat yourself to a challenge today.”
Gracie Cole was the first woman to ride a unicycle from coast to coast across the United States, and then off-road from Canada to Mexico along the Continental Divide. With an extensive history of awe-inspiring pursuits, including decades as a classically trained musician and earning a full scholarship to Duke University, Gracie has packed a lot of life into her 31 years. Having faced both successes and failures, ups and downs, she brings a message that will reach into the hearts of athletes and nonathletes alike and inspire people of all ages and walks of life.
Gracie has wowed audiences from North Carolina to Antarctica, including ages from kindergarten to senior; she tailors her message to meet your group right where they are. She delivers an engaging presentation that inspires people of all ages and professions to challenge themselves, pursue their passions, and make the most of life’s opportunities.
Gracie offers motivational speaking services, as well as adventure consulting and challenge achievement coaching. Contact her today to share your goals and arrange a motivational presentation for your group.
This presentation brings to life Gracie’s two world record-setting, long-distance unicycle journeys she accomplished by the age of 26. She shares the bliss, woes, and comedic (mis)adventure that comes with spending day after day on one wheel. Gracie conveys the experiential importance of having big goals and an even bigger purpose, based on her rewarding experience riding to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in honor of her uncle. She will empower your group by educating them on how to reach those big goals step by step.
This presentation can also include a unicycling demonstration on Gracie’s rugged, off-road unicycle, depending on venue limitations.
“Life On Ice”
The realization of a long-time dream found Gracie living and working seasonally for several years on the coldest, windiest, driest, harshest continent on earth. In this presentation, Gracie brings photos and stories that provide an intimate insider’s look at what it’s like to live and work in Antarctica, season after season, and through many months without sunlight. The audience will be amazed at how much life actually “thrives and dives” in that seemingly lifeless, frozen land, and will be inspired to seek out the rewards to be found by recognizing and pursuing their next distant horizon.
- Gracie is also prepared to engage your group with a presentation about her distance running endeavors, ranging from her 475-mile run across Florida, to local ultramarathons.
- Additionally, Gracie can craft an inspirational presentation specifically for your group, drawing from her countless experiences involving physical, musical, and existential challenges.
- Contact Gracie directly to discuss unique presentation options and how she can engage most effectively with your group.
“Gracie demonstrates a resilience that, regardless of what she has and has not been able to accomplish, reveals a resolve in her that any person, of any generation, with any athletic predisposition needs to hear and will walk away inspired.”
– Mark Thompson, Global Account Manager, TMA World
“Gracie’s engaging style and genuine, honest presentation of her own life’s trials, failures, and momentous successes are sure to encourage and challenge your thinking into action.”
– Ashley C. Fairweather, Owner and Director, Perseverance Sports, LLC
“Gracie’s mantra is not just about checking things off a list, but rather how to appreciate the joys, the triumphs, the monotony, the uncertainties, and the failures that comprise any big challenge.”
– Sarah Wright, Ecology Professional
“Gracie’s deep soulful energy will give you the inspiration and the temperament you need to push forward and tackle what you once thought was impossible.”
– Marritt Cafarchia, personal trainer, volleyball and surf coach
“Gracie reminds us that life is not about what happens to us, it’s how we get through it. She navigates seemingly impossible challenges with courage, dedication, grit, and a tutu.”
– Ashley Sennett, Purchasing and Stores Manager, International Paper
- One-wheel Wonder: September 11, 2014, 7:00-8:30pm
- Salida Recreation Travelogue Series & Bike Fest kick-off
- Salida Steamplant Event Center, Salida, CO – main theater
- One-wheel Wonder: September 17, 2014, 1:25-2:00pm
- Salida High School, Salida, CO
A sample of past presentations:
- Antarctica – McMurdo Station
- Salida, CO – TEDx
- Dayton, OH – Adventure Summit Conference
- Durham, NC – Duke Integrative Medicine
- Athens, OH – Ohio University
- Woodland, CA – Woodland Christian School
- Eugene, OR – Travel Lane County
- Eugene, OR – Recreational Equipment, Inc.
- Sacramento, CA – Recreational Equipment, Inc.
- Yellow Springs, OH – Glen Helen Outdoor Education Center